Monday, April 14, 2014

Lent in Linwood Ontario

When I gave up Facebook for Lent, I intended to spend some of the saved time to be more regular in my blogging again.  Now, less than a week before Easter, I'm finally getting my first blog post up!

While, despite my best intentions, some of that time was used in the very intriguing (but perhaps not so fruitful) activity of fiddling around with Linux again (this time with ArchLinux,) we've also had a very fruitful and and focused Lent.

Another Traditional Mass

Our priest gave us the wonderful gift of another special traditional Latin Mass (i.e. Extraordinary Form) for Ash Wednesday.  This was my second and I am sure it will not be my last.

A Visit From the Bishop

Two weeks ago, His Excellency Bishop Douglas Crosby of the Diocese of Hamilton visited our parish.  We had a few minutes to chat. Most importantly, as our priest let us know the week before, Mass with the bishop is the church in its fullness - another wonderful gift!

A Silent Lenten Retreat

A week ago this weekend our parish had its first weekend retreat (12 hours on Saturday and half a day on Sunday.)  It included prayers in the form of the rosary, silent prayer times, adoration of the Blessed Sacrament and the Divine Mercy Chaplet. We had a 4 part video series by Father William Casey - an amazing speaker! His topics included the Eucharist, prayer, repentence and God's commandments.  Very clear, to the point and simple advice to follow.

This evening I am driving to our cathedral for the Chrism Mass, and - God willing - I will be going to a TLM Mass for the Easter Vigil.  (There's one in Toronto - I still have to double check the schedule.)

Right now I'm using a computer desktop that's "under construction" so the pictures will have to come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment