Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A New Title, a New Look for LIVING IN MEXICO

Like returning to a home you haven't been to before ...
Exactly one year ago, I wrote a post about some changes in this blog (A New Direction.)  I had tried writing a blog about religion, and it didn't work. I was no longer only a Canadian living in Mexico, but also a Mexican living in Canada. (Last year was the beginning of an experiment of living in Canada for the summers and Mexico for the winters.)  Also, the blog had gone beyond its original scope of being only about my discoveries while living in Mexico as an expat. It was also about family, neighbors, our experience returning to Canada and rediscovering the Mennonite community as well.  After cancelling my blog about joining the Catholic Church, it also grew to include not only my observations on Mexican religion, but also my own personal experience with religion both in Mexico and Canada.

I considered many other titles, and after thinking I would just keep "Living in Mexico" for quite some time, finally exactly one year later I found the title returning to my favorite book from childhood and teenaged years.  The idea of the title and subtitle isn't a perfect match for the blog, but much better reflects the broad range of adventures and discoveries I like to write about.

The visual theme is also changed, from the former simple green and white to the map theme; ideal for the idea of journeys and discoveries.

No comments:

Post a Comment