Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Back on Facebook, and Now on Chrome


So, I'm back on Facebook and now using Google Chrome.  To completely unrelated pieces of new, but I'll just lump them together here since they're both about internet usage.

Facebook
In seven and half months that I was gone, I can't say I missed it much.  I never found myself with any urge to browse Facebook or see what other people were posting, liking or commenting on.  Most of this is that I had more than my internet fill with a few blogs and online newspapers.

I opened my account again for a couple practical reasons:

  • It really is easier to keep in touch with, find and get in contact with people who live in other places, and see pictures of friends and family that are not nearby.
  • It's a great way to spread the word about news, work and businesses, and related to that:
  • With my wife starting up work in photography again, I thought it would help.

So, I'll have to see if I get hooked again, or if I can manage to limit my time an use it only as a tool and an occasional distraction.

I've also changed to Chrome, but what I wrote about Chrome and my abandonment of Firefox was so long that I decided to put in a separate post - tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment