Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Back to the Blog - My New Canada-Mexico Experiment

I'm finally back to my blog, and hopefully I can put a post much more regularly again.  The reason for delaying my posts is that I've started a new experiment with my life.

After a few weeks of travels around the Mexico City area during late March, my family and I got on an a plane and flew to Canada.  This time, it's not vacations.  We're here semi-permanently; our new experiment is to live in Canada 6 months (summer) and Mexico 6 months (winter.)

Many retirees do it, so why can't we?

I've been fortunate enough to get a job that I can do online, so I can do the job from either location.   So far, so good.

For the next while, more of my posts will probably be looking the other way - what Canada looks like to a Mexican (my wife) or to a Canadian who's been in Mexico for a while.

I'm excited about it.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck on your life back in Canada... Hope to read what you think of it... Greetings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck with the experiment. SOunds GREAT! I just mentioned the idea to my husband. But we are "stock" here right now as is the only area where my son's therapies are available. :) After that we will see and I'll read you often to check tips! :)

    GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both of you. Getting "unstuck" is a little tricky, even when you have a job where the location is flexible.

    ReplyDelete