Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Learning to Ride a Bike – A Father’s Day Gift

Me, my neice, and my son on his bikeThis Father’s Day was very special for me since I had the joy of helping my son to ride a bike for the first time.  A while back, I put up a post about the day my son first rode a tricycle, which was in Mexico (My son learns to pedal a trike!).  Now, this next step of learning to ride a two-wheeled bike My son, happy to be learning to ride a bike, with his helmet onwas here in Canada.

My goal for the day was to have him try to ride the bike without training wheels at least once (with help of course.)  This was too ambitious, and my son simply didn’t want to.  But by the end of the day he was confidently riding the bike with training wheels, moving ahead at a good speed and using the back-pedal brakes.  I’m proud of him.

1 comment: