Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Ontario’s Cottage Country

 

A Cottage Dock, near Bala, Ontario(Written May 21) I believe that today the first time I’ve been back to Southern Ontario’s cottage country since I first went to Mexico 4 and a half years ago.  It’s as beautiful as I remember it!  The winding roads, the forests of rugged pines, and tall spruce, the hills and stony cliffs, and, of course, the many beautiful, small lakes.

As I sit here on a deck overlooking one of these lakes watching the lights of the cottages turn on as the sun sets over the trees, and shores become dark, I realize I still love this part of Ontario, just as many other Ontarians do.  There’s only a few sounds; the water lapping against the small, wooden boat dock, the chirping of a bird now and then, and even the call of the loon.

It’s a part of the world that I miss, and I hope to bring my wife and children some time soon.

1 comment:

  1. Our family is spread across Canada and as chance would have it we were fortunate enough to rent this wonderful
    sauble beach cottage rentals as a destination point for a week of family vacation.

    ReplyDelete