Monday, May 14, 2012

My 4-year-old Loves Maps

This is a picture that my 4-year-old son drew at home last week:



When he showed to to me he pointed to the top of the green shape covering the middle/lower half of the page and told me: "Look, here's Canada."  Then, pointing to the middle of the same shape, "this is the United States," specifically pointing out that's where his godparents live, and, finally, pointing to the upturned part at the bottom, "and this is Playa del Carmen." The small green circle at the top of the shape is Mexico City - a little out of place, but I can live with that.

It's a map of North America.  He loves maps!

I remember loving maps when I was a kid/teenager.  I still do.  I'm proud that my 4-year-old son can draw a map of North America that actually resembles North America!  (Besides Mexico City, Greenland kind of got shifted to the other side, but, hey, he's 4, and he drew it from memory, without looking at a map.  I think it's amazing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment