Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Morning Edition - Citizenship

This is my second "Morning Edition" which is a short post reviewing a theme I've already talked about.  Today's theme is "Citizenship."  I'm a dual citizen (Canada and Mexico) and I get some distinct benefits from both.  Some people consider getting citizenship in another country to be disloyalty to your nationality, but I don't feel there is any real compromise in it.  If you ever get the chance, I think it's a good idea.

Last night I wrote about being a Mexican citizen, and how this contrasted to really being Mexican culturally, etc:

What really makes you Mexican?

My two other posts on Citizenship include:
Illegal Immigration - An Alternative Approach - About Mexicans heading into the U.S. illegally, and how little politicians seem to know about these people.
2nd Generation Canadians born abroad are no longer officially Canadians - About a recent change to Canadian law, intending to make Canadian citizenship more privileged, but also causing some real complications for a small number of Canadians who've lived in Canada virtually their entire life.

There's more to come on this topic as well, about the benefits involved, the process of gaining citizenship in Mexico, etc.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment